J.A.A. Jones and Olga Scarpati (Guest Eds), 2007: GeoJournal Special Issue: Water resources issue in South America.
Olga Scarpati and J.A.A. Jones (eds), 2007: Environmental change and rational water use.
P.J. Robinson, J.A.A. Jones and M-K Woo (eds), 2007: Managing water resources in a changing physical and social environment.
J.A.A. Jones and Dr. Trahel Gerasim Vardanian (2004): The rational use and conservation of water resources in a changing environment, Yerevan State University, Republic of Armenia.
J.A.A. Jones and I.J. van der Walt Guest editors (2002): Barriers and solutions to water sustainability in Africa. Special Issue of GeoJournal.
José M. García Ruiz, J.A.A. Jones and José Arnaez (Eds.), 2002: Environmental change and water sustainability, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Instituto Pirenaico de Ecologia, Spain, 340 pp, hardback.
J.A.A. Jones, Changming Liu, Ming-ko Woo and Hsiang-te Kung (Eds.), 1996: Regional Hydrological Response to Climate Change, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 425 pp., hardback, ISBN 0-7923-4329-8.
J.A.A. Jones and Ming-ko Woo (Eds.), 2003: Coping with hydrological extremes – Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Special issue, Kluwer, 7 (3/2002), 201-320.
J.A.A. Jones and Ming-ko Woo (Eds.), 2002: Modelling the impact of climate change on hydrological regimes, Hydrological processes, Special issue, Wiley, 16(6), 1135-1317, ISSN 0885-6087.
Selected water journals
Selected journals on the various aspects of water are listed below (Tab. 2) belonging mainly to the upper 25% of ranked journal in this field (Quartile 1) (http://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php). read more
Journals recently used by members
The most recent 10 papers of members were published in the following journals (in no particular order, list not exhaustive):
- Hydrological Processes
- Natural Hazards
- Water Resources
- Revista Asociación Argentina de Geología aplicada a la Ingeniería
- Journal of Flood Engineering
- Revista Ciencia e Natura
- Agricultural and Forest Meteorology
- Climate Change
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Land Degradation and Development
- National Science Review
- Agricultural Water Management
- Hrvatski geografski glasnik
- Transactions on Ecology and the Environment
- Science (proffs. Liu, Chang and Yang: congratulations!)
- Nature (Prof. Liu: congratulations!)
- Water Resources Research
- Acta Geographica Croatica
- Investigaciones Geograficas (Mexico)
- Cuademos des Investigacion Geografica (Spain)
- Ecosystem, Health and Sustainability
- Science of the Total Environment
- Hydrological Earth Systems Science
- Geographical Analysis
- IAHS publications
- Water Resources
- Journal for African Earth Sciences
- Environmental Earth Sciences
- South African Journal of Science
- Cancer Epidemiology
- Water SA
- Journal of Hydrology
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Earth Perspectives
- Climate Change Management
- Journal of Hazardous Materials
- Environmental Science Pollution Research
- Management Journal
- Russian Meteorology and Hydrology
- Geography Environment Sustainability
- Arid Ecosystems
- Journal of Resources and Ecology
- Ice and Snow
A list of predatory journals (including those in the water field) that should be avoided as their main objectives are monetary (e.g. charging author fees) and commonly result in sub-standard publications, is available at: http://beallslist.weebly.com/.